Do you want an affordable safe but with style and many of the features that higher-end models have? If you answered yes, then Liberty Safe’s Franklin safe could be exactly what you’re looking for. The Franklin comes packed with lots of upgraded security and fire protection features, along with an upgraded interior.
Overview of Liberty Safe’s Franklin Series
Liberty’s Franklin Series of full-sized gun safes are available in three sizes:
- Franklin 25, holds up to 27 long guns; weighs 663 lbs.
- Franklin 35, holds up to 35 long guns; weighs 824 lbs.
- Franklin 50, holds up to 41 long guns; weighs 1042 lbs.
Your gun capacity may vary according to the size of your guns and their scopes. You have multiple choices of exterior finishes, black chrome/brass/chrome hardware and camel/gray fabric interiors.
Franklin’s Security Features
Franklin safes are UL-Listed Residential Security Containers (RSC-8M10). Each is constructed from 11-gauge steel that is precision-folded into a 2-piece body using Liberty’s uni-body process. The door on a Franklin safe is a 1-inch composite door with a 60% inner-steel door plate for added security.
Additional security features include:
- DX-90 Monster Mech, Over-Center Cam-Drive locking mechanism
- Internal and external relockers
- SureTight Handle with Slip Clutch technology
- Triple RC63 hardplate lock guards
- UL-Listed S&G™ 6741 Mechanical Lock with optional upgrade to SecuRam ProLogic electronic lock
- Up to fifteen ¼"-thick, 4-inch military-style locking bars on 4 door sides
Franklin’s Fire Protection Features
With a Franklin gun safe, you get up to 75 minutes of fire protection at 1200°F with a 10-minute ramp-up. This extended time can make a big difference in protecting your firearms and valuables in the event of a fire. Franklin’s fire-protective features include:
- 2 interlocking layers of UL-rated fireboard in the walls
- 4 interlocking layers of UL-rated fireboard in the ceiling, door and door jambs
- Heat-activated, expanding Palusol™ door seal that helps prevent heat, smoke and fire from getting inside
Franklin’s Added Standard Features
Franklin safes come with standard added features you won’t get with Liberty’s entry-level safes, including:
- 4-in-1 Flex™ Interior
- Battery-operated, Brightview Wand Light Kit
- Deluxe Door Panel
- Electrical outlet kit
Prices start at $1,949 for Franklin safes and increase according to the size and exterior/interior options you choose. All Franklins are made in the USA and come with Liberty Safe’s limited lifetime warranty.